- 173586 - Electronics Assembler
- $19 to $20.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Assembler for an opening in Alpharetta, GA.
Assembles electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems by performing any or all of the following duties, depending on assignment. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings, process instruction sheets, and sample assemblies or receives verbal instructions regarding assembly.
• Performs complex and specialized assembly or rework functions that include but are not limited to attaching mechanical and electrical components; wiring harnesses, soldering connections, and intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color coding parts and assemblies. May involve use of manual and semiautomatic assembly machines and tools.
• Dis-assembles product to any level and effectively performs rework/repair activity to achieve acceptable function, configuration, or airworthiness condition.
• Performs material control functions, including picking components off stockroom shelf into work order kits, picking material into KanBan kits, applying material control identification, inventory counting and control, inventory requisition transactions using ERP system.
• Performs serialization and product ID labeling, operation of PC based serial number database program, CodeSoft label generation computer program and form feed label print machines
• Performs operation of semi-automatic component insertion circuit card assembly machine, including download of software control files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of the station.
• Performs hand soldering of through hole components to the specifications standards of IPC-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities.
• Performs hand soldering of surface mount components to the specification standards of ICP-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities as required by assigned department.
• Performs dimensional and visual acceptance inspection of all assigned products, including mechanical, electronic, subassembly and final assembly levels to IPC-A-610B and Client ISO SOP and WI standards documents, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities.
• Performs activities associated with masking, application of spray coatings, and demasking of electronic circuit card assemblies, requiring the proper use of respirator gear and spray equipment.
• Performs microcircuit chip programming functions, including download of software fuse files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of microchip programming station and labeling of the component with revision and ID tags.
• Performs operation of Table Top Wave machine, including setup and sampling of temperature monitoring devices, speeds and feed rates, and inspection of adequate solder flow.
• Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics on complex and specialized components.
• Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
• Perform Assembly Test Procedure (ATP) on some products.
• Demonstrates functional cross training knowledge within all major requirements of the assigned department, and demonstrated willingness to support any area of the business.
• Ability to lead team and assist other assemblers by answering questions and demonstrating moderately complex assembly and troubleshooting procedures.
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• May perform a variety of painting and finishing, and silk screening operations on parts, subassemblies and finished products of the organization.
• May perform composite/bonding assembly that includes precision cleaning of glass, bonding (gluing) and cleaning ruggedized glass.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Participates and suggests improvements in support of the company wide goal of continuous improvement and manufacturing methods utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and initiatives. Operational objectives are: reduced mfg cycle times, 1st pass yield, continuous flow, and on-time delivery to our customers.
• 5 or more years’ experience.
• Certified and demonstrates all appropriate skills training certifications for related product acceptance stamp and/or job duties
• Excellent working knowledge of computer application and file structure navigation skills, such as applicable ERP control screens, Manufacturing Execution System, and/or electronic test data sheet archival system and retrieval from the engineering documentation system.
• Demonstrates agility performing assembly and test functions to products within assigned team.
• Demonstrates leadership through accountability and positive attitude/actions.
• Independently takes on tasks/assignments and assists where necessary to ensure smooth and efficient execution of the business plan; includes manufacturing and repair station needs.
• Displays proactive willingness to aid in the development of team members and earns positive feedback from the trainee; provides
mentoring, training, and guidance to other individuals seeking additional skill development and/or knowledge.
• May be required to participate in the DOT/FAA Drug & Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program through random testing as defined by the DOT.
• Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc
• Must have the manual dexterity, eyesight, and concentration necessary to perform job tasks such as use of small hand tools such as tweezers and measuring devices.
• Ability to differentiate between wire insulation colors and wire sizes.
• Ability to obtain J-STD-001 certification.
• Ability to solder and rework Thru Hole and SMT compenets.
• Ability to follow directions, verbal and written and retain information. Ability to read, interpret, and follow posted work order sequence instructions and visual signal methods in work cell, and accept responsibility for schedule completion.
• Ability to work well as a team member as well as an individual.
• Able to lift, move and work with products up to 45 lbs daily.
• Ability to communicate effectively and convey ideas/information one-on-one and in small group settings.
• Ability to perform routine and repetitive tasks, work independently or as part of a team, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to work directly to engineering controlled drawings and notes, specification drawings, work order routing instructions and work instruction process instructions.
• Willingness and ability to learn how to perform surface mount soldering.
• Ability to write routine reports and complete required production paperwork.
• Ability to read and follow blueprints.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift 6:30 – 4:00
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x289 or (800) 927-9318 x289
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.