- 175238 - Senior Systems Engineer, Elctro-Optical - MA - C
- 5 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, Electro-Optical for an opening in Wilmington, MA.
The Electro-Optical (EO) Systems Engineer will support systems engineering, systems architecture studies, systems design & analysis, and test roles on programs for the development of high-performance, high-precision, rugged military and space-based, EO systems including optical sensor systems, infrared and spectral imaging systems, surveillance and reconnaissance systems, high power laser systems and laser communication systems. The EO Systems Engineer will work on projects end-to-end, from proposal and design, through prototype development and analysis, to product development and manufacturing. Excellent communication skills and success working in a multi-disciplined team environment is a must. The successful candidate will derive, model, analyze and optimize complex optical and EO systems at the conceptual and detailed design level, with a focus on radiometry, calibration, image quality and stray light control. Candidates for this position must have experience with the design, development and analysis of optical and EO systems, including visible and IR sensor systems, modeling and simulation, optical system performance modeling, performance analysis and tolerance assessment experience. Knowledge of image quality metrics such as MTF, MRTD, NIIRS ratings, and SNR is required. Candidates offering experience in focal plane array analysis, radiometric calibration, simulation, integration and test are desirable.
• Derive, model, analyze and optimize complex optical and EO systems.
• Design, develop and analyze optical and EO systems.
• Lead integration and testing efforts of sensor systems and sub-assemblies.
• Perform systems architecture studies and sensor trades.
• Support new business in concept development and proposals.
• Key contributor to programs as technical expert and/or as Lead EO Systems Engineer.
• Minimum of 9 years of industry experience in airborne or space applications is required.
• Working knowledge in system-level hardware design & development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for complex systems.
• Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering and/or DOORS is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge in various modeling & simulation software including MATLAB, FRED, or equivalent.
• Experience with Zemax/CodeV, ModTran, and/or NVtherm/SSCam/NV-IPM desirable.
• Hands on lab experience in radiometric, calibration, and image quality measurements required.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management, program management, customers, and other engineers.
Accredited BS in Optics, Electro-Optics, Applied Physics, or equivalent engineering discipline; MS preferred.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.