- 176211 - Composite Technician
- 12 Months
Develops lay-up and assembly set-ups and techniques for the fabrication of composite structural and assemblies. Sets up and troubleshoots composite parts for assembly or layup. Assemblies or lays up parts and components. Identify nonconforming detail parts,
assemblies and processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes. Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops lay-up and assembly processes, set-ups, and techniques.
Sets up composites parts for fabrication; reads and interprets drawings, planning, process specifications, and other documents to understand tooling, materials, sequence of operations, techniques, and other factors required for fabrication.
- Assembles and repairs simple to complex composites parts and components within quality and time standards; performs metallic and nonmetallic assembly and subassembly.
- May provide technical leadership: demonstrate and explain production operations; lead teams on assignments; check quality and quantity of work; troubleshoot fabrication problems and recommend solutions.
- Follows up with Production Control to ensure that resources are available.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances
issues. Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action
representative. Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED. This job requires specialized vocational training and 1 to 3 years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.