- 176428 - Sr Machinist
- CA-Central California
- $26 to $30.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist for an opening in Goleta, CA.
• Setting up and operating manual lathes, mills, saws and all standard shop equipment.
• Machining titanium, aluminum, plastics, steel and other materials to engineering drawings
• Measuring parts using standard machine shop measuring tools
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
• Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions, blueprints, shop drawings and engineering specifications
• CAD/CAM experience on HAAS equipment
• Surfcam or Mastercam skills a plus
• Tool/Mold maker, prototype and Setup experience preferred
• Excels in a team environment; applies teamwork attitude, integrity and work ethics
• Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
• Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly.
• 10 years machining experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred
• 5+ years of experience with CNC lathe, milling machines
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.