- 178359 - Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Systems Design Engineer for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA
This position is for a Systems Design & Installation Engineer. A successful candidate will have a complete understanding of the technical principles, theories and concepts to integrate systems that include some, but not all of the following systems: avionics, fuel, hydraulics, secondary power, landing gear and environmental control for advanced aircraft. The candidate will coordinate efforts across a wide range of functional organizations including Airframe Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Tooling, Structural Analysis, Materials & Processes, Flight Sciences, Test and Manufacturing.
• Development, test, and validation of new and modified system designs.
• Creation and/or modification of primary and secondary structure with 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations.
• Creation and/or modification of system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures, statements of work, trade studies, and component/ground/flight test plans.
• Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at Lockheed Martin and external supplier facilities.
3-D CATIA experience is required.
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience is required.
Accredited BS+9-15 YRS or MS+7-13 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.