- 178579 - Software Test Engineer
- Up to $28.97 DOE
- 9 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Test Engineer for an opening in Eugene, OR.
· Serve as a customer advocate and ensure quality and usability of our software
· Analyze product requirements and develop manual and automated functional, system and integration tests.
· Creation and execution of Test Automation Frameworks and Test Automation Suites.
· Use identified tools for automating the test efforts of the desktop, API, web, and 3rd party products we build and support.
· Perform static analysis of source code using complexity metrics.
· Assist in creating, reviewing, and determining amount of code coverage of tests written.
· Perform Load and Stress Testing of applications using enterprise level Test Automation tools.
· Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution.
· Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
· Perform in depth SQL Analysis
· Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture and detailed design documents.
· Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
· Perform and coordinate QA activities such as estimation, test planning, test design, ?preparation of traceability matrix, test execution, test results analysis and reporting.
· Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
· Perform other duties as required.
· 4 or more years of QA experience of commercial browser based software.
· Significant test automation experience, including implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
· Significant experience with Selenium and popular test management and automation tools such as JIRA
· Strong knowledge of the following required: web protocols, open source tools for testing; continuous integration and delivery concepts; XML, XSD, Json, SQL Test Automation Frameworks
· Working proficiency in Java
· Experience writing code to test APIs
· Demonstrated understanding of the entire software development life cycle.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
· Experience with Jmeter/SOAPUI or other test automation frameworks
· Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kan ban, etc).
Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.