- 178597 - Accounts Payable Specialist
- $13 to $16.00 DOE
- 11 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for an opening in Norfolk, VA.
Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that all Vendor and Subcontractor invoices are paid in an effective, timely, and accurate manner. Process the company’s required travel reservations and travel expense reports.
• Review, match, code and enter AP invoices for all divisions
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Perform duties related to the company travel program for employee required travel, reservations and travel expense report processing. Work closely with all travelers and Program Managers as required. Interface with Client Corporate Travel office as necessary.
•Manage the AMEX credit card program for business travel
•Sort and distribute incoming invoices
•Process check requests
•Audit and process credit card bills
•Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
•Respond to all vendor inquiries
•Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
•Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
•Assist with other projects as needed
•1-3 years of Accounts Payable / General Accounting experience
•Cost Point experience a plus
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, college courses in accounting a plus
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.