- 178639 - Hardware Test Engineer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $50 to $67.00 DOE
- 1 Month
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Hardware Test Engineer for an opening in San Diego, CA.
As a Hardware Test Engineer at Client, you will be a key contributor to our engineering team, developing Specialized Test Equipment used in qualification and production testing of leading edge electronic systems for our military and space products. You will collaborate with the product development and operations teams to define test methodologies, specify test instrumentation, design specialized cables, RF, analog and digital circuits and fixtures, and integrate hardware and software subsystems to deliver highly automated test systems.
• Participating in high-level and detailed customer and internal design reviews
• Applying engineering principles/concepts to solve problems and make modifications as necessary
• Documenting the hardware design and conducting peer reviews to ensure designs meet requirements
• Performing design/purchase tradeoff analyses and recommending applicable test instrumentation for procurement
• Designing interconnections and electronic hardware subsytems necessary to satisfy functional requirements
• Developing documentation packages to satisfy contractual and internal requirements
• Providing required status to the Program Manager and/or Project Engineer and supporting the successful execution of projects/programs
• Demonstrating consistent ability to solve problems independently
• Assessing and communicating the impact of design decisions on other organizations. Working cohesively with other areas to resolve these issues
The task would include graphical user interface design and low level control code interfacing with custom design FPGA code.
• At least 5 years of hardware development experience for automated test systems
• Experience designing analog and digital control circuits and high-speed data interfaces
• Experience in RF stimulus and measurement techniques for automated test system
• Proven ability to collaborate with software and firmware engineers to define, test, and debug programmable devices and interfaces
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile, results-oriented environment as an individual contributor and as an effective team player
• Disciplined “root cause” approach to problem solving and troubleshooting that includes hypothesis formulation and design of experiment intended to prove / disprove the hypothesis
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
• Preference will be given to candidates with at least 6 years of industry experience in automated test system design for military and space hardware
• Experience in HDL design and test for FPGAs
• Experience developing test software for RF systems, radio transceivers/transponders, and cryptographic systems
• Experience with TCP/IP networking, and USB/GPIB instrumentation control is preferred
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field preferred, or equivalent education/experience required
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.