- 178651 - FPGA Engineer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $50 to $65.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a FPGA Engineer for an opening in San Diego, CA.
The successful candidate as an FPGA engineer will support the coding and integration of DSP & RF designs. As a digital hardware engineer, you will be directly involved in the design, integration, and test of advanced satellite communication links, digital telemetry, signal processing, and encryption technology.
• Coding in VHDL(or Verilog) and modelling DSP algorithm
• Design and test of FPGA-based digital signal processing, including:
o Readily translate system-level RF and DSP requirements into detailed FPGA implementation-level block diagrams
o Estimating FPGA resource requirements
o Simulation, coding, and integration of multiple FPGA-based modules
o Lead the bench-level system integration with hardware, software, and other FPGA designs
• Support proposal efforts and early stages of the program to define detailed system requirements between DSP and RF designs for transmitters, receivers, and transponders.
• Support in the planning and execution of project plans, design reviews and involvement in production release of modified or new product documentations.
• Review of product specifications, and generation of system and module-level block diagrams, flow diagrams, and design concepts.
• Generate trade studies with analysis on cost and schedule impacts on short turnaround efforts.
• Strong VHDL (or Verilog) coding experience with at least 8 years of industry level experience.
• Radio architecture experience with emphasis on digital communications background, RF and mixed signal circuit theory, phase lock loops, and test equipment expertise.
• Must be current with digital technology, parts availability and design architecture.
• Unique ability to combine communications system knowledge with analog circuit design and VHDL experience.
• Experience with communication DSP applications and system simulation.
• Experience with preparing presentation materials and must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Preference will be given to candidates with 10+ years of industry experience in DSP/RF system analysis with space hardware experience.
• Experience with several RF systems and radio transceivers/transponders covering a wide range of standards, including a multimode direct and double conversion receiver and digital transmitter
• BPSK/QPSK/PM/FM modem design, PLL and carrier and bit synchronization experience is appropriate, and experience in software defined radio/cognitive radio would also be useful.
• Experience with spread spectrum design and implementation.
• Digital Hardware designer, and experience with embedded processors.
Accredited BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.