- 178669 - Lead Building Maintenance Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $30.01 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead Building Maintenance Technician for an opening in Sunnyvale, CA.
Ensure all preventive maintenance is completed on schedule, either in-house or by a vendor. Respond to all types of facilities requests from equipment failures to lighting issues in the workspace. Interface with property management and their contractors and liaisons when necessary for inspections and repairs on the exterior of the space. Work closely with EHS to ensure all areas of the facility meet local, federal and company safety standards and correct any deficiencies as they arise. Monitor BAS/HVAC system and report or correct any issues. Manage contractors and vendors when necessary onsite. Participate in after hours on-call program to respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.)
Coordinate event set-ups with janitorial, facilities and IT staff and ensure that the set-up is correct. Perform additional job duties as requested.
• Must have at least three (3) years related experience to include a background in a large plant/facility.
• HVAC background and experience with automated HVAC Systems-Perferred
• Proven working knowledge of electrical, plumbing.
• Must have troubleshooting skills to test facility/building equipment
• Must have experience with reading building plans and schematic drawings, along with the ability to read and comprehend technical manuals and instructions.
• Must be a hands-on team player committed to working in a quality environment
• Must be able to operate independently as well as with a team and complete tasks efficiently and effectively in both arenas
• Must be able to communicate clearly across all levels of the organization
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• BOC certification
• Experience in Facilities Management in commercial or industrial facilities operations in Bio Tech is preferred.
• Space planning knowledge
• Administrative skills
• Knowledge of electro-mechanical, pneumatic and PLC controls.
• Familiar with hazardous gas and chemical handling.
• CAD experience
• Event planning/set up experience
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.