- 178672 - Systems Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 6 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA
erforms technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Candidate will support a team responsible for the integration and test of Mission Systems capabilities and functions in a laboratory, flying test bed, and flight test environment. Utilizing mission systems requirements, the candidate will assist in the development of test requirements and procedures, execute integration and test activities in a lab environment, evaluate mission systems functionality in a flying test bed, and support mission systems flight test evaluation. Candidate must have strong technical background, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in-depth understanding of military aircraft functionality, and demonstrated integration and test experience with a modern software intensive mission systems architecture. Must be a US Citizen; this position will require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Must have Aviation/Aerospace experience
• Experience Writing/Testing/Integrating/Developing • Software for Embedded and C++ required
• Read Engrg Drawings and Parts List
• Capture data digitally from parts lists and excel spreadsheets to form new lists
• Conduct meetings for changes to hardware allocations, tracking and reporting
• Project Planning, Architecture, Functional Allocations
• MS Excel, linking and pivot tables
• Good attitude about work and working with others
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Team player
• Initiative and ability to work
• Passion for detail and getting the job done in a timely fashion
• RF Testing experience
• Experience with harness design and fabrication
• Experience with hardware configuration management
Accredited Bachelor's or above in a Technical Engineering Discipline
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.