- 178711 - Document Specialist
- Up to $18.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Document Specialist for an opening in Germantown, MD.
The repository document specialist is responsible for preforming special projects and other important administrative support functions. These functions are geared toward preparing to transfer a large program between groups. This individual will be responsible for reviewing and modifying documents. With your attention to detail, dependability and ability to multi-task this individual will locate and remove materials from critical files when requested. They are also responsible for filing operations-related documents and other records.
The document specialist must be able to use PDF editing software such as Adobe Acrobat, or Nitro Pro, as well as the Microsoft Office suite
What will you do?
• Review electronic files for proprietary information and either flag or remove the information from the files.
• Organize and scan documentation; current and historic.
• Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary.
• Box and transfer physical records to inactive storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
• Find and copy records in response to requests from supervisors.
• Keep records of materials filed or removed.
• Modify and improve filing systems, or implement new filing systems as requested.
• Shred miscellaneous documentation as requested by supervisors.
• Receive incoming shipments and supplies.
• Help pull, package, and ship materials based on appropriate temperature requirements.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.