- 178796 - Electronics Enginner
- CA-Ventura County
- 3 Months CTH
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Enginner for an opening in Goleta, CA.
The Electronics Engineer is responsible for design, development, test and product support associated with assigned projects. Analyzes performance specifications and allocates design requirements to all levels. Performs design analyses, synthesis and tradeoffs. Recommends optimized design approach. Provides overall understanding of state-of-the-art electrical, electronic, communications or computer engineering disciplines as applied to system designs used in underwater sonar and oil exploration and monitoring equipment. May manage the activities of other engineers, technicians and assemblers in accomplishing the assigned tasks. Participates in the development and monitoring of schedules and budgets. The position will report to the Manager, Electronic Engineering and will based out of Goleta, CA.
• Determine, assign and implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide a total engineering solution including: system designs, electronic designs, components engineering, software engineering, electronic packaging and automatic test equipment design for all current and anticipated programs.
• Ensure that staff performs assigned project tasks to meet design, contract cost and schedule requirements as agreed. Provide technical status andforecast technical needs. Pursue and identify problems, determine root causes and initiate corrective actions including recommended alternative plans.
• Track and provide technical status, forecast technical needs and implement changes as necessary to meet program objectives.
• Determine and implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed on programs to ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices.
• Develop procedures/plans that allow for an evaluation of the design activities performed on programs to ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices. Ensure that the design is fully compliant with customer specification and contractual requirements, which may vary from customer to customer.
• Research, determine and prepare design review material in support of PDR, CDR, FDR and technical audits for assigned programs.
• Provide system test and evaluation support including test plans and procedures.
• Ensure that engineering drawings and documents are complete and are properly logged into the company’s data depository.
• Perform system studies and trade-off analyses and recommendations for improving procedures that apply to quality and other functions in support of assigned projects and new business opportunities.
• Support development of detailed cost estimates for specified technical activities and subcontracts that comply with procedural requirements.
• Develop technical personnel and maintain a working atmosphere that is moral, motivating and creative through broad based, challenging assignments, skill based training, a professional ethical work environment, timely and constructive performance evaluations and career development. Ensure high competence and skills that match program needs.
• Develop, issue and implement internal technical and engineering practices and procedures. Decisions may involve establishment of precedents.
• Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
• May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
• Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
• Requires relevant technical expertise in ASW, Telemetry, Data Acquisition Systems, Communications, Computers, Acoustics, Electro-Optics, Sensor/Sensor Fusion, Materials, etc.
• Strong analytic and communication skills; ability to coach, train, motivate and manage technical personnel.
• Requires the ability to interpret and communicate system designs and specifications to requisite personnel. Requires sound knowledge of engineering theory, design criteria and complex activities.
• Ability to write a concise report of findings.
• Ability to manage complex activities; ability to meet program objectives within contract cost and schedule requirements.
• Effective human relation skills are essential; and ability to interact with customers.
• Ability to motivate others; sound effective listening skills; pays attention to details; ability to work under pressure; and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ten (10) years of related experience.
• Experience with relevant analysis tools (e.g. Matlab, Autodesk, Ansys).
• Experience and strong understanding of mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity is preferred.
• Experience in a high quality, process-controlled manufacturing environment
• Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
• Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings or for discussions with other administrative / office personnel.
• Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving tools equipment and/or products as needed.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
• Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
• 10% travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
• Testing aboard ship may be required from time to time.
• Directly provides support, motivation and training to technical personnel.
• Interacts with administrative personnel and other engineers.
• Interacts with existing and prospective customers.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or a related scientific discipline is required.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.