- 179065 - Manufacturing Engineer
- Up to $27.50 DOE
- 7 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for an opportunity in Lexington, KY
Works under general supervision to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Works proficiently in a production environment, reading technical documents, supporting process reviews, and communicating at multiple levels within the organization. Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Primary responsibilities generating and updating CNC Programs.
• Provides manufacturing floor support for multiple Special Operations Forces platforms.
• Provides technical support for manufacturing personnel and establishing special processes.
• Develops and implements solutions to complex technical problems from design of concept through manufacturing and integration.
• Reviews engineering designs for producibility.
• Develops/optimizes manufacturing processes.
• Identifying tooling requirements.
• Interfaces and coordinates with Design Engineering, Production Control, Quality, and Production
• Knowledge of GibbsCam and machining principles
• Knowledge of engineering drawing interpretation and tolerances.
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• Experience with Development of work centers, lead times, routings, and manufacturing bill of materials.
• Competency in the review of specifications / processes and shop floor liaison support.
• Producibility for manufacturing experience.
Desired skills :
• Experience working in an upgrade/retrofit shop environment
• Experience with Teamcenter and Jobscope Engineering software packages
• Tool design experience
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts & techniques
Accredited BS+3-5 YRS or MS+0-3 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.