- 179200 - Software Security Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $80 to $90.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Security Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Highly motivated individual experienced in embedded software development and embedded system security, which can include Information Assurance (IA), Anti-Tamper (AT), and cryptography. Success in this position requires an ability to understand the overall system, apply creative thinking, and perform work with extreme attention to detail.
Experience with developing anti-tamper countermeasures and/or cryptographic solutions
• Developing or interpreting security policies and procedures
• Having familiarity with protection profiles and Information Assurance documentation products
• Having ability to architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and/or services
• Identifying security issues and risks, and develops mitigation plans
• Having experience with secure coding practices and software security foundations
• Accepting responsibility for development and maintenance of the security aspects of navigation solutions, in accordance with company and DoD policies and procedures
• Participating in security certification efforts, generating technical documentation, presenting to internal and external customers, and acting as a liaison to security approval agencies
• Demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills
• Being involved in all development life cycle activities (requirements analysis and specification, preliminary and detailed design, code, integration test, verification, documentation and product release per the company software process)
• Performing under limited supervision, and follows established procedures
• Championing established processes and suggests process changes to achieve a more optimal development approach
• Ten or more years experience with a BS degree, eight to 10 years applicable engineering experience with a MS degree, two to five years experience with a Doctorate degree.
• Experience must emphasize embedded real-time software engineering and security.
Accredited Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or Master of Science (MS) degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.