- 179204 - RMF Security Analyst 3
- 3 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a RMF Security Analyst 3 for an opportunity in Bethesda, Maryland
Primary responsibility is to perform tasks related to Assessment & Authorization (A&A) and cybersecurity to obtain and maintain Authorizations to Operate (ATOs) for assigned DoD medical systems (i.e., applications, networks, devices). This position will be a part of a team developing recommended courses of action needed to transition current policies and procedures to the DHA RMF-approved processes.
• Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
• Developing, updating, and/or reviewing system RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports
• Assessing system compliance against NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
• Actively participating in working group meetings to identify, plan, and execute strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
• Attending and participating in regular A&A status meetings to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
• Maintaining awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
• Providing solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity. Problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
• Coordinating with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
• Producing evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements
• Working with system administrators, engineers, and developers to update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
• Submitting weekly reports to DHA leadership regarding system/program status
• Demonstrated expert-level experience with Risk Management Framework (experience under DHA a plus)
• Demonstrated efficiency and experience in one or more of the following areas:
o RMF package development and management, including POA&Ms (mitigation statements), Security Plans, Risk Assessments, architecture diagrams, and hardware/software inventories
o NIST 800-53 control validation
o DISA STIG/SRG validation
o RMF policy development and strategy implementation
o System/site documentation development to include policies, processes, and SOPs
• Excellent customer service and organization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with NIST publications
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• DoD 8570-compliant (CompTIA Security+ certified)
• Ability to obtain OS certification or complete approved related training within 180 days of hire
• Ability to travel up to 25-35%
Additional Qualifications a Plus:
• Experience with eMASS
• BIOMED experience (former technician, physician, engineer, etc.) installing, testing, using, maintaining, designing, and/or modifying medical equipment and applications
• Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security System (HBSS)
• Experience with Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS)
Accredited BS degree and six (6) years of experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology, or twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.