- 179274 - Design Engineer
- NY-New York
- $34.31 to $41.66 DOE
- 8 Months CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Design Engineer for an opening in Lancaster, NY.
Responsible for the creation of new AVOX product designs and design improvements of existing products. Ensure new product designs meet the established design requirements.
• Evaluate, select and define material for all parts in the product design.
• Define geometry of components while ensuring that design for manufacturability goals are satisfied.
• Perform tolerance stack - up analysis utilizing tolerance distribution that is consistent with manufacturing capabilities.
• Perform oxygen hazard analysis to ensure designs are inherently safe.
• Check detail drawings to ensure thoroughness and that design intent is captured and properly communicated.
Equipment: CAD equipment and/or PC
3 to 5 years design engineering in an aerospace environment
CAD design; MS Office suite of software
Accredited BS Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.