- 179281 - Research & Technology Development Engineer
- NY-New York
- 8 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Research & Technology Development Engineer for an opportunity in Lancaster, NY
1. Provide engineering aspects of Research and Technology activities in support of identifying potential new technologies which may be utilized for new product development.
2. Conduct laboratory tests to determine the feasibility of new technologies as they apply to new engineering designs as well as improving existing products.
3. Perform the recording, analysis, and dissemination of Research and Technology test data.
4. Create, review, and approve pre production technical drawings and engineering reports to assist with the transfer of technical data.
5. Conduct all laboratory experiments and tests in a safe and meaningful manner.
6. Design and assemble prototype products for laboratory testing and evaluation.
7. Provide technical support to:
a) AVOX Engineering
b) AVOX personnel, internal and outside.
8. Prepare technical responses to customer proposals for new product development activities.
9. Attend relevant trade shows and association meetings.
10. Eeffectively communicate and interface with Design Engineers regarding development of new products which will eventually be transferred to and sustained by Product Engineers.
Required – 5+ years Engineering or Technical experience in new product development
Preferred - 10+ years Engineering or Technical experience in new product development
Special Knowledge/Skills -
Required - Knowledge of laboratory procedures as they relate to chemical and mechanical tests and evaluations.
The ability to work in a team environment
Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Design drafting experience
Accredited B.S. in Engineering or Technical discipline
Preferred - M.S. in Engineering or Technical discipline
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.