- 179312 - Laboratory Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Santa Clara
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Laboratory Technician for an opening in Santa Clara, CA.
The Microarray Research Services Group is looking for a highly motivated, creative thinker who can be part of a team focused on high throughput genotyping, DNA copy number, and DNA extraction. This job requires a highly dedicated individual, who is a quick learner and enjoys challenges.
• Reagent preparation and quality control
• Reagent/sample accession and database entry
• High Throughput Genotyping utilizing Affymetrix Axiom technology
• Quantitation/Normalization of nucleic acids utilizing automation
• Data entry into laboratory information management system
• Calibration and preventative maintenance of all equipment. Documentation of these activities
• Assist team in stocking/restocking materials and shipping/receiving customer samples
• Individual must work well in a team environment
• Self motivated
• Seeking challenges
• Capacity to learn new technologies/concepts rapidly and apply them to the needs of the lab
• Excellent at record keeping and highly organized
• Willingness to work weekends and possibly an evening shift
Accredited BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2yrs of laboratory experience. Experience can be derived from internships or positions held post graduation
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.