- 179470 - A-29 Electrical Engineer
- Wright Patterson AFB
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an A-29 Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Wright Patterson AFB,OH
The A-29 Afghanistan Program requires specialized electrical engineering support, with key expertise in communications/navigation, avionics integration, and software development/ integration competencies to support time critical modifications to the A-29 platform. The expertise will be used to generate detailed technical assessments of electrical loads, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)/ Electromagnetic Countermeasures (EMC)/victim source test updates, Operational Flight Planning (OFP) software block upgrade focus areas associated with computer throughput and firmware interface, and impact to airworthiness and other aircraft certifications. This position is a product-based effort to address key modifications & technical issues associated with electrical/software engineering.
• Support time critical airworthiness assessments (Airworthiness Determination Forms, Certification Basis, Compliance Reports) for key A-29 Afghanistan mods for the following: Digital Moving Map; Stormscope; NCDC/NCDR Firmware and New Card; OFP 2.0B Software Block Upgrade; Other Cost/No-Cost ECPs That Have an Impact (MIL-HDBK-51C, Sections 10, 11, 12, 13, and 15)
• Support Program Office Assessment reports concerning key A-29 OEM electrical engineering reports/analyses as a result of fielding issues and/or capability changes in the A-29 fleet for the following: Electrical Loads Analyses; Wiring Changes, Heat and Chemical De-Icing Compatibility with Electrical Systems; New Fielding Issues That May Arise in the Future;
• Support Program Office Avionics integration feasibility reports & integration plan reviews for the following: Heads-Up Display DMS Modification; BFI DMS Modification; Other Avionics DMS/Fielding Issues; Component Firmware/OFP Updates; Alkan Rack Replacement; New FY19/FY20 Requirements from TAAC-Air.
An understanding of Air Force platforms and weapons systems; expertise in communication/navigation, avionics integration, and software development integration.
Ability to perform technical assessments to support Air Force airworthiness requirements and assessments (Airworthiness Determination forms, Certification Basis, Compliance Reports).
At least 5 years of experience, ideally 8-10 years
Experience working in AFLCMC (or predecessor organization) program offices
APDP Certification (SPRDE)
Accredited Electrical Engineer degree (Bachelors) - must be electrical engineering degree, no other disciplines accepted
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.