- 179488 - Technical Editor and Writer
- Up to $43.03 DOE
- 5 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Editor and Writer for an opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for two Technical Editor and Writer in Huntsville, AL. Candidates will provide technical editor/writer expertise in the development of operator, maintainer, and administrator software and technical manuals.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Author in xml using ArborText Editor and AMCOM's Interactive Authoring and Display System (IADS). Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Participates in preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Participates in quality review of materials, provides statuses and reports as required, and interfaces directly with the customer and Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) publications representatives.
· MUST be proficient in the use of Arbortext Editor, IADS, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
· MUST be able to demonstrate knowledge of the development (creation, writing, editing, reviewing, finalization, and publishing) of paged-based and frame-based technical manuals utilizing xml editing software for IETMs and ETMs.
· MUST have experience in the development Operator and Maintainer level IETMs and ETMs.
· MUST have the ability to research, review, understand technical information, interpret engineering drawings, interface with maintenance engineers and provisioners, and develop procedural information for technical documentation.
· MUST be able to participate in peer reviews, Validation, and Verification events to ensure accuracy, usability and compliance of IETMs/ETMs with contract requirements and associated specifications.
· Ability to proficiently use MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
· Very familair in the function, use, and manipulation of DTDs, style sheets, and associated Live DTDs.
· Familiar with military (U.S. Army) maintenance concepts to include the Army's two-level maintenance concept and maintenance allocation chart (MAC) use in TM development
· Familiarity with DoD specifications MIL-STD-40051-*, MIL-HDBK-1222*, and MIL-PRF-63002L (TM).
· Familiarity with the creation, editing , review, finalization, and publishing of DMWRs, PMCs, LOs, MWOs, BDARs, and SBs pamphlets pocket guides, quick reference guides, and commercial pamphlets across multiple services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard).
· Familiarity of Government Printing Office (GPO) style guide.
· Knowledge of Beyond Compare, Ultra Edit, and XMLSpy software.
· Ability to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, and potentially climb upon large vehicles or systems. May occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Have the ability to travel (<10%) when required, mostly within CONUS.
· Have the ability to multitask on more than one project at a time.
· Have the ability to work with a group or independently, and able to complete assigned tasks within the required deadlines.
High School degree/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.