- 179580 - Human Resources Coordinator
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $28 to $29.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Responsible for providing support in functional areas of the Human Resources department including conducting new hire orientations, HRIS data entry, personnel filing, and communicating employee status changes to payroll. Acts as the primary point of contact within the HR Department for employees and internal customers. Under general supervision, this position generally performs routine tasks of administrative support of the Human Resources Department. Assignments are of moderate complexity requiring the exercise of some discretion and use of limited judgment and initiative.
1. Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation including review of company policies, timekeeping requirements, and completion of required forms.
2. Maintains and updates electronic and hard copy personnel record systems containing all employment-related information such as the employee personnel, benefit and termination files.
3. Processes and communicated employee’s status change forms, new hire paperwork and forwards to appropriate departments.
4. Coordinates pre-leave paperwork and notification process for all leave of absence process (FMLA/CFRA/WC/PFL/ Pregnancy Disability).
5. Administer Tuition Reimbursement Program, tracks and generates requests necessary for the timely payment of funds associated with these activities.
6. Provides administrative support to the Recruiting department, such as scheduling and coordinating onsite interviews.
7. Responsible for processing background checks and drug screens and communicating the results to the appropriate Talent Acquisition and/or HR team member.
8. Support department employee social, recreational, welfare and development initiatives. Through the coordination of benefit fairs annual enrollment, service award and recognition programs; assist in the planning and coordination of the Service Awards Program, Employee Appreciation Awards and other employee related activities throughout the year.
9. Serve as a backup to update and maintain the Client compliance-training website.
10. General filing records and training logs.
11. Create new hire, termination, and benefit packages.
12. Other duties as assigned by HR staff.
1. Must have general office skills including utilization of office equipment. PC skills are required including above average skills with the following applications: HRIS system experience, Windows, MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Visio and PowerPoint
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Must be organized, detailed oriented and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
4. Understanding of current state and federal employment law, including FMLA.
5. Two to four years of clerical/administrative support experience in a Human Resources environment.
6. Ability to maintain high discretion of sensitive information.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to talk or hear 100% of the time. Ability to sit 60% of the time, walks 20% of the time and may occasionally stand. Uses arms, hands to finger, handle or feel 80% of the time. May climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May occasionally lift up to 25lbs. Ability to use close vision, distance vision and to adjust focus. The work environment has a moderate noise level.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a related degree preferred. Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.