- 179674 - Material Handler
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $13.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
• Receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, storing, picking, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
• Preparing and filing routine documentation.
• Operating material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, fork lift, dock lever, etc.).
• Working in and out of a -20C Freezer and +4C Cold Room.
• Preparing and shipping materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Requires a minimum of 1 year related experience. Experience with Inventory Control and/or with a life science company is a plus.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills.
• Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results.
• Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
• Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Experience using a forklift.
• Experience with hand held scanners.
• Experience with WMS Lite and /or E1 (Oracle) software.
• Experience with Lean tools.
• Experience with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point).
• Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
• Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40 lbs.
• May handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
• Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
• Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
• Occasional local travel may be required.
• Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
• Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
• Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.