- 179698 - Material Handler
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler for an opening in Austin, TX.
To provide shipping, receiving, storage, order fulfillment and data entry services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility.
Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
• Receive materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis. Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
• Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
• Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
• Satisfactorily complete Client training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
• Provide regular training and coaching to peers and manage the critical operations when management is unavailable.
• Respond to customer service and other external department inquiries regarding order requirements and/or fulfillment issues as well as research orders that were not shipped at the time requested.
• Operate PC applications and systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), E-1, and SAP.
• Work with the Logistics team to prioritize daily work activities and ensure all priority orders are shipped as requested by the customer.
• Coordinate deliveries from other warehouses for consolidation with freight at home facility.
• Suggest and implement process improvements related to transportation, packaging, and supply chain.
Requires a minimum of 4-6 years related experience. Experience in logistics with a life science company preferred. Experience with FEDEX shipping protocols and software is a plus. The proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules required. Must be able to operate powered industrial trucks and with the ability to operate the equipment at various heights. Need to be proficient with computer skills to navigate ERP systems, Outlook and shipping software in order to support the operation in its daily functions.
Nature and Scope:
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. That interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand, interpret, calculate and analyze team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance. The incumbent normally receives minor direction for daily tasks and is expected to be able to help solve or eliminate minor problems. Equipment training will be provided through one-on-one instruction, on-the-job training (OJT), Life Technologies generated Standard Training Protocol (STP) and/or other training documentation.
Works in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). Performs work of a highly repetitive nature. Will walk, stand, reach, and lift up to 25lbs on a continuous basis. Will routinely push and pull up to 25lbs and regularly climb. May occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 50lbs. May handle “packaged” hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change). Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The nature of the operation’s working environment is conducive to varying degrees of stress throughout the day. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Client provides reasonable accommodations to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs. The Company will not provide an accommodation that would create an undue hardship on the Company or endanger the health or safety of the employee or others.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.