- 179712 - Software Engineer
- $55 to $65.00 DOE
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Riverdale, UT.
Software engineering position for the modification of F-16 Maintenance Training Devices simulation software. The position requires minimal supervision, working with high level requirements to generate and implement the detailed software design. This position will work under the direction of a principle project engineer and engineering manager to code, test and integrate software modules in the modification of large scale, real-time software applications.
• Modification of existing simulation software to meet new training requirements or correct deficiencies
• Test and evaluation of resultant simulation software
• Ability to work in all aspects of software development (requirements analysis, design, code, document, test, and integrate)
• Coordination with engineers and customer personnel on a regular basis.
• Preparation and presentation of technical data reviews, internal and external.
• Work within an Integrated Product Team environment.
• Perform within schedule milestones and cost budgets.
• Provide solutions satisfying the technical requirements of the assigned area and overall program objectives.
• Minimal travel (<10%) required
Maintenance Trainer software is implemented using a combination of software, databases and graphic tools including ANSI C++, .NET C#, SqlServer, and GLStudio. Operating systems include Linux and Windows.
Ideal candidates will have 5-10 years’ experience in some or all of the following areas …
• C++, C#
• MS Windows, Linux
• ClearCase, ClearQuest
Knowledge of simulation systems, aircraft maintenance procedures, aircraft Technical Orders, aircraft avionics systems, engine operations and fuel systems relating to the F-16 aircraft is highly desired. Frequent contact with customer personnel requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Accredited BS in Software, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or similar discipline
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.