- 179784 - Software Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- San Jose
- Up to $86.54 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in San Jose, CA.
This position will be in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), part of Analytical Instrument Group (AIG) of Client. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of organizational Information Architecture around the scientific and business capabilities of Client products and services. Information Architecture is an enabler for connected instruments and advanced analytics – all driving an information ecosystem.
• An active contributor to architectural definition and collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
• As a key member of the development team responsible for delivery of the framework including information architecture and relevant middleware
• Active role in the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
• Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
• Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework.
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
• Knowledge engineering experience around developing and growing a self-sustaining information architecture
• Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to travel
• Strong recent hands-on design and development experience with knowledge management platforms
• Share business and technical learning with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
• Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
• Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
• Hands-on experience with W3C semantic web technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, SHAQL.
Accredited M.S or B.S in Physics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or related fields preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.