- 179786 - Facilities Engineer
- $112000 to $125000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Facilities Engineer for an opening in Tempe, AZ.
• Provide detailed engineering design and specifications for installation of new capital equipment to include electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. Engineering assignments to include preparing specifications for new construction or remodel of existing facilities
• Ensure optimization of all plant systems to include chillers, compressed air, air handlers, and clean room systems electrical systems
• Perform engineering and supervision/coordination for outside consulting resources Provide cost estimating for proposed projects Provide support for startup of new equipment and ensure that all equipment properly interfaces with other mechanical and electrical systems
• Work in team environment with other engineers and trades people
• Ensure designs meet all applicable codes and regulation
• Review and analyze new and existing equipment, applications and technology
• Generate basic drawings and maintain building layout using AutoCAD
• Analyze code applicable to building requirements, NFPA, FM, IBC, IMC, and NEC
• Perform research and development on emerging facilities technologies to support semiconductor processes
• Review of facilities work orders, providing support to operating personnel; and maintaining administrative and engineering databases that support job tracking, engineering data, capital equipment facilitation and critical system loads
• Act as the main point of contact for all contractors including scheduling, payment, and safety training
• Lead the asset management program including equipment tracking
• Work closely with facilities staffing to ensure timely installs and repairs
• 8 years of progressive experience in Facilities Engineering with demonstrated success meeting key objectives
• Ability to coordinate the installation, maintenance and repair of facilities, coordinate contractor bids for facility upgrades and expansion projects, and oversee timely completion of construction projects
• Ability to perform comprehensive mid-level troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
• Ability to form partner relationships with functional management, including the ability to provide pushback when appropriate
• Ability to manage time and complex, deadline-drive workload, including planning, organizing, setting reasonable priorities and good follow-through
• Ability to obtain and maintain a confidential security clearance within 12 months of hired date
• Previous experience with vacuum technology and/or semiconductor processing desired
• Previous experience in DoD classified facility highly desired
• United States citizenship required
• Strong management skills including planning, organizing for results, leading, evaluating and controlling projects for both effectiveness and efficiency.
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and listening skills, an orientation to details, and the ability to make quick, informed decisions; a creative problem solver.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology; including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Proven ability to interact and influence cross-functional team members at all levels of the organization.
• Track record in ASQ Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Lean or Six-Sigma Black Belt, Green-Belt preferred.
• Hands on knowledge and thorough understanding of facilities infrastructure systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May work in clean room environment, including the wearing of clean room garments and following clean room policies and practices
• Confined space work as required and elevated work spaces such as roof top to access equipment
• Exposure to chemicals and variable temperatures
• Outdoor work in variable weather conditions
• 24 hours operation, requiring off shift support if necessary
Health and Safety Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may be required, as a project demands, to access the building roof.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial/Mechanical/Structural)
9/80, 1st Shift
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.