- 179800 - Mechanical Engineer 2
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 9 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer 2 for an opening in Tulsa, OK.
• Design modifications for special mission aircraft. Such modifications typically include the addition of antennas, structural modifications including cutting stringers, frames, skin panels, and relocating impacted systems.
• Analyze the impact to the host platform that the design changes cause and use this analysis during the design phase to ensure that the overall impact to airworthiness is minimized.
• Effectively communicate as part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to ensure that the aircraft systems contribute to the overall success of the program.
• Knowledge of the airworthiness process is a must and the ability to iterate design approaches with the cognizant airworthiness authorities is critical.
Candidates must be comfortable working with standard MS Office tools as well as have demonstrated experience on a Solid Modeling CAD system and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system. Demonstrated experience with solid modeling and Engineering drawing preparation in NX 3D CAD system is mandatory. A working knowledge of FEA and experience with TeamCenter PLM is preferred.
Accredited BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with 2-4 years. 0-2 years MS Degree in a related field or have 6 years relevant experience.
8:00 - 5:00
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.