- 179812 - Procurement Manager
- $80000 to $90000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Procurement Manager for an opening in Madison, MS.
Plans, schedules and purchases materials in support of GFE inventory management for all warehouses. Prepares front end acquisitions and administrative functions relative to the procurement of aircraft material; aircraft parts, avionic parts, repairs and consumables. In front-end procurement mode, determines factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout maintenance and inventory cycle(s). Coordinates resulting material movement throughout inventory and maintenance processes. Coordinates and follows up with field site personnel, production control, and Supply personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
• Align Procurement Strategies with the goals of internal customers.
• Create and maintain organizational structure to support procurement requirements.
• Establish and implement procurement strategies to improve financial results.
• Collaborate with other functional groups on materials that cross programs.
• Provide environment for training and development of procurement personnel.
• Directly lead procurement of large and small spend.
• Responsible for corporate compliance and departmental compliance to Federal Regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the achievement of established goals and objectives in a matrix environment.
• Primary function is to lead a team in obtaining quotes, negotiating with suppliers, and setting up Long Term Agreements.
• Jointly (w/Supply/Maintenance) analyzes OEM recommended spares, material usage and considers material forecasts to level warehouse inventories
• Interfaces with field site personnel to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained
• Processes material requirements for customer approval
• Processes material requests
• Develop Requests for Quotes (RFQ's) and Requests for Proposals (RFP's) for solicitation of bids for material
• Processes purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures, and U.S. Government laws and regulations.
• Coordinates front and back end material movement with Material Expeditor
• Effectively write, negotiate and administer Basic Ordering Agreements and Blanket Purchase Orders
• Provides cost estimates and annual budgetary requirements
• Evaluates supplier performance
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• SAP experience is highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of the following government regulations: Federal Aviation, Federal Acquisition and Government Property
• Well-developed oral and written communications skills
• Experience in contracting with the U.S. government is preferred
• Team building experience a plus
Accredited Bachelor's degree with four (4) years of directly related work experience, three (3) years experience in supply chain operations or general procurement. At least (1) years procurement of general aviation supplies is highly desired.
Friday Ending, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.