- 179817 - Manufacturing Technician
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Technician for an opening in Franklin, MA.
• Test sub assemblies and/or standard instruments within the Value Stream
• Basic troubleshooting abilities with electro mechanical assemblies
• Active member of production cell. May require inventory and equipment management as related to the cells operations requirements
• Adhere to ISO9000 requirements including ESD, work area cleanliness, maintenance and calibration of equipment and work instruction adherence
• Adhere to discrepant material disposition process (Material Review Board process)
• Cross train into other functional roles as required
• Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements of the job function.
• Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
• Participate in improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement)
• Lead daily stand up meeting periodically
• Work with cell leads and value stream support to resolve process issues when required
• Document non-conformances
• Maintain a safe working environment, following established 5S procedures
• Maintain Inventory Accuracy based on site goals
• Experience working with and troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies and
printed circuit boards (PCBs)
• Experience with IQS, Hertzler, and/or MAPICS a plus
• Ability to understand the basic operations in Microsoft Word and Excel
• High visual acuity and manual dexterity. Ability to conduct equipment set up and
qualification on simple machinery as well as experience doing in-process visual inspection
• Ability to work safely with chemicals and gasses and maintain good housekeeping standards
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to sit and or stand at workbench for extended periods of time; bend,
stoop, reach, turn as required
• Good manual dexterity is required. Must use hands for extended periods of time
while assembling (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine
manipulation). Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment and
tools necessary to perform job functions
• These physical requirements must be performed with or without a reasonable
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.