- 179840 - Scientist I
- CA-Bay Area
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist I for an opening in Fremont, CA.
Using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), the QC Engineer/Scientist I will perform routine microbiology testing of samples submitted for various manufactured components and finished kits. The QC Engineer/Scientist I will be responsible for all aspects of the Microbiology laboratory operations, such as sample receipt, sample testing, data generation, data analysis and summarization and other QC lab supporting activities.
· Performs routine microbiology testing and analysis of components and finished kits according to established quality control procedures.
· Ensure testing is performed correctly and according to established turnaround times.
· Documents test results, complete testing paperwork and other relevant information under cGMPs.
· Performs initial troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis, perform out of specification (OOS investigations) and if needed, initiate non-conformance (NCAR) reports.
· Performs simple procedure and worksheet revisions, as necessary.
· Participates in departmental meetings.
· Maintain laboratory space and participate in lab maintenance.
· Performs other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned by Supervisor.
· Keeps department lead or supervisors updated on all issues.
· Strong laboratory skills including pipetting, safety, and hazardous chemical handling. Understanding of cGMP and how it applies to the work environment is preferred.
· High level of reading comprehension and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy. Must be able to write clear, understandable documentation.
· Manual dexterity must be able to lift/move up to 20 pounds.
· Must be detail oriented and perform the work at a consistent level.
· Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet software skills.
· Strong organizational skills to be able to manage priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to perform simple data analysis and to summarize results.
Accredited BS/BA in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioscience with 0-2 yrs Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience, preferably in the medical diagnostics industry. Must have taken at least one Microbiology class at the college level.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.