- 179882 - Project Support Coordinator
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Support Coordinator for an opening in Auburn, AL.
The PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Business System Coordinator is responsible for enabling PPI Business System maturity within Auburn’s business and operations processes during the time period of May 2109 through August 2019. Primary focus of the position is to develop PPI Business System capabilities (People, Process, Technology) through train-&-do, coaching and mentoring, and direct support of Priority Projects. The PPI Business System Coordinator will work with Business and Operations team to drive process improvements and enable the achievement of long and short-term Strategic Objectives and annual improvement priorities.
• Aide in developing PPI Strategy and Roadmap, and successfully implement the PPI Business System roadmap
• Directly support priority projects, initiatives and programs across the Auburn site
• Work closely with the leadership team to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the PPI Business System as a ‘way-of-life’ across the business
• Challenge organizational leaders regularly to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and proliferate PPI throughout the organization
• Conduct train-&-do events in areas such as Lean Leadership (Daily mgmt., Gemba Walks, Leader Standard Work), value stream mapping, kaizen, A3 thinking, root cause countermeasures (RCCM), visual management, standard work, etc..
• Facilitate Kaizen events to improve performance to accelerate growth
• Provide guidance for chartering of projects and kaizen events and developing RCCMs and A3s.
• Identify best practices within or outside the company and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing
• Enable a perpetual pipeline of PPI activity and increased employee involvement and PPI Utilization.
• Develop PPI communications
• College credits towards degree in engineering, science, or business management
• Proven implementation track record delivering results
• Lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
• Project Management experience
• Experience coaching alignment between strategic business plans and lean improvement plans
• Technical writing skills for developing work instructions
• Experience using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint…)
• Must have ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Must have the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios
• Must have a collaborative approach
• Must have excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills
• Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
• Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment
• Strong coaching and facilitation skills
• Accomplished written, oral and presentation skills in English
• Detailed knowledge of lean tools and methodologies
• Demonstrate Client values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
• Demonstrate Role Model Leader Characteristics: Embody the 4-I values, Delight customers, Communicate openly and honestly, Focus on growth and Champion employee development
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.