- 179889 - Assembler
- NC-North Carolina
- 8 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Asheville, NC.
• Selects components, aligns, and assembles them in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts, braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications.
• Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and installs in the unit in specified sequence according to Sequence of Events (SOE).
• Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components in cabinet as per Sequence of Events (SOE). Recognizes color codes to insure that wiring and other color coded procedures meet guidelines. Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate assembly.
• Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, and drill press.
• Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have been made according to order and Smart Part Number.
• Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to insure safe handling and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around chemicals.
• Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
• Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
• Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
• Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
• Receives verbal instructions, reads production board or confers with Supervisor or Coordinators for instructions and priorities.
• Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
• Supports Continuous Improvement, Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
• Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
• Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
• Performs all job duties within ISO standards.
• Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
• Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
• Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
• Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in Sequence of Events (SOE). Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
• Preferred manufacturing experience.
• Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.