- 179922 - Expeditor
- $14 to $15.00 DOE
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Expeditor for an opening in Wichita, KS.
1. Know and follow general company and corporate policies and procedures.
2. Know, understand, and follow department policies and procedures.
3. Keeps departments informed about completion dates, material changes or substitutions, and schedule modifications.
4. Tracks production jobs in Syteline manufacturing control database.
5. Maintains shortage list in all phases of procurement and manufacturing processes.
6. Compiles purchase orders and product specifications to prepare worksheets used in assembly or manufacture of products.
7. Investigates the cause of critical material shortages and schedule delays and initiates action to correct these problems.
8. Moves production parts from one production site to another within the plant.
9. Coordinates between production departments and customer service to resolve production issues.
10. Advises supervision and Engineering concerning remedial action, part rework, or in-house stock fabrication to ensure that work progresses on schedule.
11. Confers with authoritative personnel in the above-mentioned departments to locate needed material, have damaged material repaired, arrange for in-house material transportation, and determine how shortages will affect schedules.
12. Other various duties as needed or as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Basic data entry into manufacturing software system.
-Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Forklift experience required
-Ability to read and write the English language.
-Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
-Ability to write simple correspondence.
-Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
-Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may at times be loud.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Monday - Friday 7am to 3:30pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.