- 180020 - Software Engineer II
- $40 to $45.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer II for an opening in Plano, TX.
Responsible for analysis, design, development, testing and integration of application/special test equipment software.
• Design, document, develop, integrate and test application software using C++
• Participate in requirements development
• Participate in code reviews
• Document, debug and correct Bugs
• Other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 2 years experience in Computer/Software Engineering field
• A minimum of 2 years experience in C++
• Experience developing software in/for Linux (e.g. gcc, make, cmake, llvm, valgrind, gdb)
• Comfortable scripting (e.g. python, bash)
• Fluent in C++, the STL, and C++ 11/14/17 features
• Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. MVC, Factory, Builder)
• Experience developing software on a team
• Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
• Experience developing software to interact with Test Equipment
• Git / Feature Branch workflow
• Familiarity with Boost libraries
• Familiarity with C++ 11/14/17 features
• Familiar with reading/creating UML/SysML for software design
• Experience with Agile Development
• Familiarity with RF design/concepts
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering degree
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.