- 180057 - Manufacturing Technician
- CA-Ventura County
- $21 to $22.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Technician for an opening in Goleta, CA.
The Manufacturing Technician will perform complex operations for assembly of developmental prototype and deliverable hardware under minimum supervision. Including but not limited to, fiber optic splicing, testing and urethane potting.
• Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing supervisor with minimum supervision.
• Perform processes to complete mechanical, electrical and optical assemblies using hand tools, and electrical and pneumatic tooling and test equipment.
• Works with fiber optics including handling, splicing and taking and understanding optical power measurements.
• Work from drawings, manufacturing procedures, schematics and verbal instructions.
• Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in manufacturing
• Must read and understand drawings and schematics
• Use of common electronic test equipment (power supplies, power meters)
• Experience in polyurethane and silicone molding
• Technical Capacity
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Performance Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Teamwork Orientation
• Customer/Client Focus
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• Up to 10% travel to sea on occasion
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.