- 180059 - Sr Buyer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $37 to $45.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Buyer for an opening in Sylmar, CA.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic components, mechanical components and electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Able to perform cost/price analysis.
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
• Work with Planners to maintain inventory levels consistent with production requirements and targeted inventory goals.
• Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
• Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
• Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
7+ years’ experience in procurement; 3 years’ experience directly related to defence/aerospace procurements.
Must have basic knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements
Experience working within defence/aerospace manufacturing company with low volume/high mix production requirements. Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals. Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system.
CPM or APICS certification preferred.
Accredited BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
9/80, 7:00 - 5:00 or 7:30 - 5:30
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.