- 180083 - Associate Manufacturing Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Technician for an opening in Pleasanton, CA.
The Associate Manufacturing Technician is responsible for understanding and performing daily testing and assisting with improvements of OpenArray product line.
• Assist in maintenance and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data
• Adapt, implement and train current and new lab functions/procedure to other Lab Associates
• Operate thermal cycler, image analyzer, high speed centrifuge and other hardware
• PCR testing DNA Quantification and QC testing of materials.
• Conduct maintenance and organization of reagents and equipment
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory procedures and business data
• Ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all products
• Communicate effectively with members of the group as well as those in other departments
• Work as a cooperative member of a Production team
• Assist with all aspects of receiving and quality control testing of materials
• Update and maintain raw material inventories
• Prepare solutions
• Assist in keeping a safe environment
• Develop skills to help in other aspects of the department
• Able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Expected to maintain work schedules as assigned
All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective action. This position will have daily contact with other laboratory personnel
• Preferred College coursework in the Biological Sciences, Chemistry/Biochemistry, or Engineering/Bio-Engineering
• Experience in maintaining confidentiality of laboratory data and procedures
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as ability to work in detail-oriented manner
• Able to work under pressure of deadlines
• Ability to follow and carry out oral and written directions
• Ability to read, understand and implement written laboratory procedures
• Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Frequently work at lab bench, and PC workstations
• Some lifting of objects including laboratory instrumentation of 35 pounds
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.