- 180105 - Scientist I, Cell Biology
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- 1 year
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist I for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
- Isolate Genomic DNA from various sources including blood and established cell lines.
- Conduct commonly used molecular biology techniques such as bacterial growth, plasmid DNA preparation, restriction enzyme digestion, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Characterize DNA and manage inventory. Maintain mammalian cell culture including thawing, expansion, characterization, harvesting, freezing, and inventory management.
- Characterize membrane antigen expression using Flow Cytometry. Prepare media, buffers, and reagents.
- Use One Lambda products and research tools for HLA Molecular and Serological Typing.
- Automate routine protocols to increase capacity and improve consistency. Compile and analyze data to complete update or report.
- Perform all activities in compliance with GDP/GMP, regulatory and safety policies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and good time management - Flexible with changing plans and schedules
- Good oral and written communication skills
B.S. degree in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology or a related discipline in Biological Sciences and Engineering 3+ months of laboratory experience in working with DNA and/or mammalian cells
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.