- 180112 - Returnables Coordinator
- NY-New York
- Grand Island
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Returnables Coordinator for an opening in Grand Island, NY.
The Returnables Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the returnable container process.
Identifying and tracking all returnable containers; working with the Program Management Office (PMO) and/or customers directly to return units in a timely fashion; work with third party supplier that is responsible for cleaning returned units, minor repairs, storage and shipment of cleaned units to the manufacturing facility; work with Procurement to maintain replacement parts inventory and order new units; ensure that Material Handling has the appropriate number and type of returnable container in order to meet the production schedule; maintain site-wide returnable units database and conduct routine analysis to forecast demand versus availability.
Responsible for managing all of the “returnable” container inventory and replacement parts utilized at our media/buffer production facility. This includes:
• The use of manual and/or electronic systems to manage the overall inventory. Includes ERP and dedicated database.
• Work closely with the PMO to ensure that TFS and our customers know the total number of units each customer has at their facility and/or in safety stock
• Work with PMO and/or the customer directly to receive the units back into our TFS inventory as scheduled
• Work closely with Third Party Cleaning/Inventory Supplier regarding the number of units cleaned and in available inventory. Also need to manage the number of units out of service pending repairs.
• Work with Material Handling, Procurement, and Planning to ensure that all scheduled productions have the correct number, size and type of returnable container to support planned productions. May require customer owned units.
• Work with Procurement to maintain safety stocks of the units and order additional units based upon the overall Demand Plan and Data Analysis.
• Review forecast in E1 and collaborate with Demand Planning through the SIOP Processes and SFDC to ensure that adequate levels of units are readily available to meet Production Planning schedule.
Work with Third Party Cleaning supplier regarding the repair of damaged units. This includes:
• Maintain a standard inventory of spare parts for routine maintenance and repair
• Ensure adequate number of spare parts are readily available at Third Party Supplier and Media Manufacturing facility
• Work with Returnables Supplier to obtain parts in a timely fashion that are not normally stocked in spare parts inventory. Then work with the Third Party supplier to ensure the repairs are made in a timely fashion and the units returned to service as soon as practical.
• Responsible for closing all Problem Reports (PR’s) that are related to the returnable units.
• Work with internal team and our suppliers to implement and maintain an electronic system to manage all returnable units within the Bioproduction Division (BPD) network.
• On Time In Full (OTIF) target for all “returnable container” orders should be = 98%.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining weekly operating mechanisms with the PMO, Quality, Procurement, Planning, Material Handling, and Logistics to capture demand for new business opportunities and ensure the appropriate level of cleaning and maintenance of the units at the suppliers facility.
• Approximately 3-5 years of industry experience in the area of inventory management, material handling, customer care or supply chain management.
• Minimum of a high school diploma; Associates degree preferred
• Excellent communication and planning skills required.
• Ability to work cross-functionally, work independently, manage priorities and must be proactive in issue resolution
• Basic computer skills required; especially in the use of spreadsheets and databases.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.