- 180123 - IT System Administrator
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an IT System Administrator for an opening in Leesburg, VA.
The System Administrator will assist the IT team with insuring the trouble-free day to day operation of the divisional Windows servers and network equipment. This position requires hands-on experience with VMWare, Active Directory, Group Policy, and switches. He/she will assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Requires an associate degree in area of specialty or 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Individual must be able to work independently and well as being able to work from instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works without immediate supervision. Typically reports to the EBS (enterprise IT) regional manager.
• HW/SW installation, general and advanced server maintenance and configuration.
• Provide end user support for all infrastructure services and applications.
• Engineering software installations and licensing schemes
• Server and system configuration, security and auditing.
• In depth hardware, software and network trouble-shooting.
• Manage technical projects and implementations at all levels of size and complexity
• Provide after hours on-call support as required.
• 5 years minimum experience in Windows administration
• Ability to work in an empowered and very dynamic environment, self-directed work team environment
• Experience with Windows Server, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Bitlocker/MBAM, Microsoft GPOs, and Microsoft Certificate Authority.
•Ability to interface well with members of the organization, suppliers & customers, management and end users.
• Documentation skills
•Experience in Microsoft HyperV
•Experience with WSUS and Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP),
•Experience with Software distribution, (Bigfix is a plus)
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 8-5 or as needed by manager
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.