- 180135 - Test Assembler B
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 4 Test Assembler B's located in North Charleston, SC.
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Aerospace test experience should include Flight controls, Gear Swings, Upjack, general electrical systems, avionics, software loading, IFE, HIRF, Oil On, Engine Run, ICS vacuum testing, hydraulic pleasure testing. Candidates will be expected to perform and complete tests on all airplane systems, including but not limited to Oxygen, IFE, hydraulic, ICS, PECS, Low/Med/High Pressure, Fuel Tank, Avionics, Fiber Optics, Electrical, HIRF by using delicate calibrated testing equipment.
Suitable candidates will have ONE year of direct Aerospace Systems Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of solid Aerospace Systems Experience. CANDIDATES WITHOUT AEROSPACE SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE will NOT be considered, unless they have completed a relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
• Lift up to 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
Accredited High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.(HS Diploma or GED required)
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Candidates will be required to be available to work Mon - Sun with flexible hours based upon the factory.
- On assigned days, candidates may be assigned to work up to 12 hours per day; Must be able to work to meet business needs
- Candidates will be assigned to work up to 40 hours per week; hours will be determined based upon business needs
- Candidates will be required to have completed all contingencies to start successfully (drug test, background check, etc.) before attending assessment.
- Candidates will be required to attend and pass a training classes. Failure of training may be cause for assignment termination
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.