- 180140 - Software Engineer
- Up to $42.61 DOE
- 9 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Hillsboro, OR.
The Software Delivery Platform Engineer shapes and realizes the software delivery platform by researching, selecting and integrating best of breed components (mainly open source) into the platform. He will define, create and deliver tools and automation to streamline the software delivery process, from application software team release to production, as part of moving to a DevOps practice. The job includes collaboration with the architect, system integration engineers, software delivery teams and service delivery team. The position is part of a multi-disciplinary group with several technical leads and project managers and will report into the R&D Digital Science Project Manager Responsibilities and Deliverables: This role shapes and delivers the software delivery platform.
· Shape and realize an reliable on-premise software delivery platform
· Define, implement and deliver tools to facilitate and automate the software delivery process
· Contribute to defining tools and infrastructure to support a DevOps software delivery infrastructure - from software release to customer operation.
· Typically requires a Masters’ Degree in Computer Science
· Experience with Linux (scripting, configuration, network configuration)
· Experience with automation tools and techniques
· Experience with DevOps tools and practices
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, cloud technologies, open source software
· Entrepreneurial attitude, Passion for quality and reliability
· Experience with working in multi-disciplinary projects (Software, Hardware, Service Delivery) across multiple sites.
· Ability to build consensus with cross-functional teams
· Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport.
· Affinity with factoring in human behavior in procedures and processes.
· Strong sense of ownership for assigned tasks and responsibilities.
· Strong communication skills, eager to learn, avid promotor.
· Self-supporting, hands-on personality.
Accredited Masters’ Degree in Computer Science
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.