- 180236 - Mechanical Engineer
- Fort Worth
- 5 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an opportunity in Fort Worth, TX
This position is for a flight test mechanical design engineer. The selected candidate will support the Integrated Fighter Group (IFG) Flight Test team working on F-16 and F-22 aircraft. The candidate will be required to perform mechanical design activities for the installation of flight test equipment and data system components. The candidate will be responsible for releasing engineering documents, work instructions, supporting airworthiness documentation, monitoring fabrication activities, coordinating lab procedures, and supporting aircraft checkout and flight operations.
• Development, installation oversight, and validation of 3D CATIA flight test mechanical designs.
• Coordination with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Technical engineering support for installation and testing at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
• Engineering liaison for flight test and instrumentation modification activities.
• Produce and read engineering drawings, schematics and technical procedures
• Develop troubleshooting plans and discrepancy resolution
• Experience with CATIA V5 or V4
• Experience in flight test mechanical design
• Understanding of sensor technology utilized in the test of aircraft structures (loads and vibration) and vehicle subsystems (environmental control systems, flight controls, propulsion, and aerodynamics).
• Experience with or knowledge of calibration methods for test and evaluation of both mechanical measurements and electronic sensors.
• Familiarity with fighter aircraft technical data, maintenance practices, flight operations, and weapons
• Understanding of aircraft avionics subsystems and electronic bus architectures including 1553, Ethernet, and Firewire protocols
• Good communication and people skills with the ability to work in a diverse engineering and technician team environment
Accredited Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a Master’s degree
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.