- 180240 - Stress Engineer III
- 4-5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Stress Engineer III for an opportunity in Bothell, WA
Performs stress reviews and analysis of aircraft interior, system and structural installations. Determines critical loads and substantiation path for installations, assemblies and details.
Review engineering drawings for structural integrity and compliance with FAA regulations; Completes stress analysis documents to show compliance to FAA regulations; Works to budgets and project schedules; Utilizes classical hand analysis methods and Finite Element Modeling techniques; May perform as functional “Lead” for stress team on specific project(s).
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
• Works independently; receives minimal guidance
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
• NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP experience desired.
• Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD) skills preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and reports.
• Ability to write technical reports and correspondence.
• Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience desired.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Accredited Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.