- 180289 - GPS Software Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $70 to $80.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a GPS Software Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA
• Experience as a control / cost account manager for software on DOD non-recurring engineering programs
o Expertise working within an IPT to define the software tasks, the associated quantifiable backup data, schedule predecessors and dependencies and other inputs for development of internal master schedules
o Experience planning / replanning of resources (labor and material)
o Proactive performance of daily, weekly and monthly CAM activities including schedule statusing, variances, EVM, EACs, ETCs, changes requests and scope management
o Communication of control account and work package status impacts to the IPT and as necessary directly to program management, project engineers and software technical leads
• Agile development experience
o Experience using JIRA (or similar Agile platform) to plan, organize and execute team tasks
o Ability and willingness to coordinate sprints
o Ability and motivation to quickly learn the program scope and fundamentals
o Ability to develop a software development build plan with assistance from the software technical lead
• Wide breadth of SW program execution experience
o Experience with SOWs and other types of DOD contract documents
o Experience with transitioning software bid and proposal materials into executable program schedules
o Very knowledgeable about DOD program development gates and software development practices in particular
• Demonstrated self-starter
• Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
• Under general supervision, consistently and accurately estimates and delivers individual assignments to plan
* Minimum of 3-5 years CAM experience with emphasis on software engineering development programs.
* Experience with DOORS, DOD product lifecycle management processes, knowledge of software methodologies such as Structured Analysis/Design and/or Object Oriented Technologies, UML, Agile/SCRUM are beneficial.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Accredited Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, EE, or Math.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.