- 180337 - Senior Accountant
- CA-Northern California
- Up to $37.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Accountant for an opening in Folsom, CA.
Performs divisional accounting and reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and accounting policy development; computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; oversees all accounting functions
1. Oversees and/or leads preparation of general ledger journal entries, fixed asses tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
2. Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close; produces month-end financial reports and issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
3. Analyses and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
4. Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for management.
5. Prepares, reviews and interprets data for inclusion in financial reports, statements, and summaries.
6. Reviews financial data for accuracy; identifies problems and supports day-to-day operations.
7. Assists in adoption of new accounting standards including by not limited to researching standard, preparing written accountinf policy for company, and preparing new disclosures.
8. Assists with company cash flow anlysis including but not limited to tracking cash flow activity, preparing reports, and analyzing information for management.
9. Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting and analyeses for the treasureer, controller and others.
10. Supports policy development and offers advice regarding accounting and internal control issues, reporting needs, and policy review and changes.
11. Develops reporting and variance analysis regarding departmental operating budget versus actual expenses.
12. Analyzes and maintains all accounts receivable accounts, refund accounts and deposit accounts.
13. Assists with coordination of annual external audits.
14. Assists with related special projects as required and other duties as assigned by manager.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
2. 5 or more years related experience
3. Proficient in excel, word and report preparations to prepare reports and business correspondence.
4. Working Knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
5. Experience with SOX testing
6. Preparation of TIP (Tax Package)
7. Experience with HFM loading of acutals and supplemental schedules and STF (short-term forecast)
1. Ability to work with all levels of management
2. Account attention to details, strong technical accounting skills and a c commitment to excellence and high standards.
3. Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
4, Demonstrated ability to calculate and report on figures and amunts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.