- 180391 - Proposal Manager
- Up to $65000.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Proposal Manager for an opening in Burnsville, MN.
The position will lead bidding and capture management of projects across the business units throughout the entire Project Life Cycle, ensuring comprehensive, competitive and customer focused proposals are produced for a ranging complexity of new business opportunities.
As part of the Business Capture team, the Proposal Manager will be expected to work closely with the Capture/Sales Team to tailor and execute capture strategies. This position will execute the business capture process to ensure the successful creation, coordination, and management of the RFP response. It is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership on a wide range of commercial activities involving both financial and non-financial decision makers.
The Proposal Manager must also have an aptitude for reviewing terms and conditions, and other contract language, to identify risks and effectively liaise with the team for resolution. The role will also have oversight of contract repository management.
· Building and maintaining relationships with internal global business stakeholders.
· Planning and managing proposal activities, resources (including estimating required resources and budget), and risks.
· In conjunction with key stakeholders, define and execute a clear, creative and comprehensive win strategy for each proposal that aligns and draws from the company’s overall strategy and strengths.
· Lead all activities required as part of the development of a proposal to ensure a high quality bid submission.
· Review customer requirements and define solutions in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts.
· Responsible for the development of compliance matrices in accordance with customer requirements.
· Following, and tailoring where required, business capture processes and procedures to ensure development of all deliverables to a high quality standard, and on time.
· Identify and define the risks associated with proposal requests and RFPs, and enact appropriate risk management strategies.
· Identify any solicitation exceptions or deviations and raise them with the Commercial/Contracts team for proposal planning and approach.
· Use bid & proposal development processes, tools and best practices to improve efficiency, quality and win/capture rates.
· Where appropriate, assist in contract negotiations and post-award activities as it relates to ensuring that the proposal, SOW and technical documentation is accurately reflected within the contract.
· Manage data repositories including complete bid packages, technical documentation, contracts, and change orders.
· Accountability and management of key reviews with Client stakeholders to enable progression of all proposals.
· Accountability and management of all allocated proposals, including collaboration with key stakeholders to develop a winning strategy & proposition.
· Accountability for any assigned key initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
· Any other duties as may be required to meet or enhance the goals and objectives of the business capture function.
· Proactive and willing to act as an entrepreneur and be accountable.
· Previous experience in proposal and/or project management, with a track record for leading successful multi-disciplinary proposal efforts/projects in highly competitive fast paced environments.
· Track record in developing differentiated value propositions and delivering winning tenders.
· Skillful communicator, decisive problem solver and exhibit the temperament to successfully resolve conflict.
· Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and efficiently manage competing timelines and priorities for multiple teams across global time zones.
· Enthusiastic with the ability to keep the team energized and motivated.
· Adaptable to a dynamic environment and changing market requirements that demand a flexible approach to obtaining the best and most competitive results.
· Demonstrable experience of risk and opportunity management.
· Demonstrable experience in contract review and evaluation.
· Fully proficient in English (written and spoken), other languages an added advantage but not essential.
· Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent, but not essential if the individual has the right personal attributes and can demonstrate success in relevant areas.
· Aviation experience (preferred but not required).
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Friday Ending, 8 AM- 5 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.