- 180396 - Product Acceptance Specialist B
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 Months
- Chipton Ross is seeking 20 Product Acceptance Specialist B's in North Charleston, SC
Verifies routine product conformance to design requirements. Provides objective evidence of results. Performs auditing, surveillance and monitoring. Identifies and documents discrepancies. Segregates and controls non-conforming items. Performs preliminary review and disposition of non-conformance. Conducts product review with customer during product or process verification. Identifies repetitive or significant non-conformances and initiates requests for corrective action.
Functional Excellence Competencies
Accountability and Responsibility
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability for one's actions. Exhibits a moral, legal or mental accountability in areas of responsibility.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
- Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implements solutions, and measures impact.
- Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development. Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to preform.
Enabling technology/Innovation & Invention
- Provide a means to generate giant leaps in performance and capabilities of the user using equipment and methodology. Possess knowledge of hardware and software components which, when properly integrated, enable a specific process to be realized. Understand that all technology enables something. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Planning and organizing
- Effectively plan what is to be achieved and involve all relevant stakeholders. Anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations. Demonstrate the use of information -gathering techniques, analyzing situations and identifying implications in order to make correct decisions. Demonstrate ability to monitor progress and to make changes as required.
Strategic Decision Making
- Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Understands the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the organization, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team’s energy and expertise to achieve a common objective. Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance. Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team.
Analysis and Corrective Action
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and corrective action of non-conformances to reduce scrap, minimize rework, reduce cost and improve quality to meet all requirements. Knowledge of the process for producing product definition data including emergent design changes.
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities (e.g., composites, structures), and data needed for defining delivery configurations (e.g., design definition, program directives, engineering drawings, change memos, wiring diagrams and schematics, functional tests, supplier data). Ability to differentiate production (manufacturing) processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements.
Engineering Drawings & Specs
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
Exp Hardware Inspect & Valid
- Knowledge of precision measurement tools and techniques for the inspection and validation of mechanical test hardware components and assemblies (e.g. conventional gages and measurment tools, CMM, laser tracker, theodalites). Familiarity with associated validation software for comparative analysis. Ability to document and report on results, and address descrepencies.
Non-Destructive Eval Processes
- Knowledge of non-destructive evaluation processes (e.g., ultrasonic testing, radiography, eddy current testing, penetrant inspection).
Quality Systems Process
- Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, Boeing quality procedures).
Repair Processes and Concepts
- Knowledge of repair concepts including repair station processes, component repair concepts, procedures, and warranty processes and contractual agreements.
Test Data Analysis
- Ability to identify the required test parameters, analyze test data to support of real time testing and post test requirements. Validation of test data calculations required.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
FULL TIME/2ND SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.