- 180504 - Structures Assembler B
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 10 Structure Assembler B's located in North Charleston, SC.
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Aerospace structural experience should include drilling close tolerance holes. Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations. Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with cleint procedures. Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts. Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement. Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions. Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time. Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area. Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs. Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required. Frequent overhead work may be required. Frequent overtime may be required.
Suitable candidates will have ONE year of direct Aerospace Structural Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of solid Aerospace Structural Experience. CANDIDATES WITHOUT AEROSPACE STRUCTURAL EXPERIENCE will NOT be considered, unless they have completed a relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
• Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
Accredited High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.(HS Diploma or GED required)
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Candidates will be required to be available to work Mon - Sun with flexible hours based upon the factory.
- On assigned days, candidates may be assigned to work up to 12 hours per day; Must be able to work to meet business needs
- Candidates will be assigned to work up to 40 hours per week; hours will be determined based upon business needs
- Candidates will be required to have completed all contingencies to start successfully (drug test, background check, etc.) before attending assessment.
- Candidates will be required to attend and pass a training classes. Failure of training may be cause for assignment termination
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.